Have you violated your probation?

Have You Violated Your Probation?

One of the worst things to go through is being on probation and learning you may have a warrant for violating that probation. The idea that you may be going to jail without being able to bail out leaves many people thinking they have no options. You may be afraid to go outside thinking you’ll be picked up on a warrant at any time.

You shouldn’t delay in confronting this situation because you will just make it worse for yourself. You may be afraid to report to the probation officer causing another violation. You eventually will be arrested and, for felony cases, held without bond.

You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who knows how to handle violation of probation warrants. You don’t necessarily have to turn yourself into the jail or get arrested. We can arrange a court date in front of your violation of probation judge requesting that the court withdraw the warrant. This way you will not have to wait weeks for your case to go to court after you’ve been arrested for the probation violation.  You may not even spend a night in jail.

After learning about the details of your case and your unique situation, we will request that the court continue you on probation, modify your probation with new terms or revoke and reinstate your probation without jail or prison time. Do not wait to address a probation violation warrant just because you are scared of going to jail. You will only make it worse.

Written by

Ray Lopez has practiced since 1990, with prior experience as a Hillsborough County assistant State attorney and lawyer for the Tampa Police Department. He handles all criminal charges, from traffic violations and misdemeanors to serious felonies and federal drug charges. He practices in all state and federal courts of the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida, as well as criminal appeals, juvenile court, administrative hearings, and civil forfeiture proceedings.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.