Do I Have to Complete the Entire Probation Time?

If you have been placed on probation for a number of months or years, you may be eligible to have your probation terminated early. Sometimes, the sentence that you get for the charges you pled guilty or no contest to will state that you cannot terminate your probation early. The good news is that in most cases nothing is said about this in your sentence. In this situation, the court may terminate your probation early.

You need to contact an attorney who will assist you in determining whether you are eligible for early termination of your probation and, if so, in filing the written motion to the court. Many courts will consider terminating your probation early if you are at the halfway point and have not had any violations during your term. Often times, it is possible to have your probation terminated even earlier depending on what is stated in your sentence. Occasionally, it is possible to get off probation early even with a previous violation depending on the circumstances.

Contact an attorney to determine if there is a good chance in getting your probation terminated early. The attorney will file a Motion to Terminate Probation and set it for hearing as quickly as possible so you can finally move on from your probation.

Written by

Ray Lopez has practiced since 1990, with prior experience as a Hillsborough County assistant State attorney and lawyer for the Tampa Police Department. He handles all criminal charges, from traffic violations and misdemeanors to serious felonies and federal drug charges. He practices in all state and federal courts of the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida, as well as criminal appeals, juvenile court, administrative hearings, and civil forfeiture proceedings.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.