How can I find out if there is a warrant for my arrest?

Usually, after about a week, if there is a warrant for your arrest it will show up online on your local sheriff’s office website. If you think a warrant has been recently issued for your arrest it may not show up online right away. You should contact our office if you think you have a warrant for your arrest. We can contact the Warrants section of the Sheriff’s Office, the State Attorney’s office, or your probation officer if the warrant is for violation of probation, on your behalf. More importantly, we may be able to save you a trip to jail for several days or several weeks.

If you turn yourself in or are arrested on a warrant with no bond, you may have to wait several weeks until your case is heard in court where you can request to be released. If you hire our firm, we can contact the Judge’s office to set you a court hearing right away and you may not have to go to jail at all. You would simply show up at the court hearing with me and I will request that the warrant be withdrawn after addressing the violation. In that case, you will not go to jail. Do not wait to call an attorney. Eventually, the police will get around to it and come looking for you.

If you have new charges and are concerned that you will not be able to afford to post a very high bail you should contact my office immediately. I can also turn you into the court that is assigned to your case and can request that your bail be lowered. In that case, you will go to jail after court but hopefully will then be able to afford to bond out that same day. As your attorney, we can also assist you with finding a bail bondsman who can assist you in bailing out.

Written by

Ray Lopez has practiced since 1990, with prior experience as a Hillsborough County assistant State attorney and lawyer for the Tampa Police Department. He handles all criminal charges, from traffic violations and misdemeanors to serious felonies and federal drug charges. He practices in all state and federal courts of the Tampa Bay area and throughout Florida, as well as criminal appeals, juvenile court, administrative hearings, and civil forfeiture proceedings.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.